Welcome to our Parent Council page.
This page contains a brief description of the Parent Council and its aims and objectives.
To access minutes from recent meetings of the Parent Council, click the link in the Parent Council tab at the top of this page.
Agendas for future meetings are also accessible via the tab.
If you have a question about the Parent Council which this page does not answer, please contact one of the Parent Council office bearers. Their addresses can be found at the bottom of this page.
How can parents get involved with the life of the school?
All parents and carers of children at Preston Street are invited to take an active part in the life of Preston Street Primary School.
Parents/carers can be involved in many ways, including:
- helping children read in class
- assisting with outings – e.g. swimming lessons or class visits
- sharing skills and knowledge of different cultures and activities – e.g. showing how to make chapattis, talking about Chinese new year
- helping with school celebrations e.g. Halloween party
- running social events e.g. International Food evening, ceilidh
- helping organise after school activities
- helping with playground improvements e.g. painting the sheds
- running the school clothes exchange stall
- giving feedback to the Council
- helping achieve our Eco school award
- recruiting staff
- developing school policies and guidelines
In fact something for everyone! Getting involved helps enrich your child’s time at school and the whole school community, so please join in.
The Parent Forum and Parent Council
All parent/carers are automatically members of the Parent Forum. The Parent Forum elects a group of parents to represent them, organise social events and work with the school on its Developmental Plan and policies, this is called the Parent Council.
The Parent Council meet twice a term on Tuesday or Monday evenings 6.30-8pm in the school library. Meetings are open for anyone to attend and minutes are posted on this website. Please speak with a member of the Parent Council if you are interested in joining.
Objectives of the Parent Council
- to work in partnership with the school, to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents/carers;
- to promote an active partnership between the school, its pupils, staff and all its parents/carers and the wider community;
- to develop and engage in activities which support the education and wellbeing of the pupils and staff;
- to identify and represent the views of parents/carers on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and well-being of the pupils;
- to undertake fundraising activities for the benefit of the school community;
- to assist the school, where appropriate, with the recruitment of staff on completion of recruitment and selection training.
Parent Council officers:
Susanna Gray, co-chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Katerina Faulds, co-chair: email@example.com
Katrina Ellis, co-treasurer
Joan Seath, co-treasurer: